Sunday, May 29, 2011

I'm Going Home

In one week I leave for home. Going home is always a special time for me. I love the place where I was born and raised in a little town called Royersford, near Valley Forge, Pa. My brothers are still in the area as are my cousins and friends. My parents are gone now, so going home is bittersweet without their presence, but the memories keep everyone and everything alive. God has given me His special love for the people and the place. I have a heart to see the people saved, especially the people I grew up with. I have spent my life with them, and I don't want to spend eternity without them.

This time I will be speaking to several churches and groups. God has opened doors for me to share His love. He has a word for the people. And as for me, as Chris Daughtry sings, "I'm going home, to a place where I belong."

2 comments:

  1. you write beautifully and from the heart !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way when going home. No matter where I go, or where I live, Royersford is always home. ILY

    ReplyDelete